About Julian Adorney

About Julian Adorney

I’m a libertarian journalist, and I specialize in helping people to move outside of their political tribes and see issues in new ways. As a professional marketer, and as someone who’s obsessed with psychology, I understand how to appeal to Americans across ideological lines. For instance, conservatives care a lot about police lives. So I wrote for Glenn Beck about how a libertarian policy (ending the war on drugs) would actually make police safer. Similarly, progressives care a lot about helping the poor. So I co-wrote a piece for Colorado Politics about how the minimum wage hurts the poorest Americans by encouraging companies to replace them with automation.

I also specialize in talking to other libertarians about how to market liberty and talk politics in a way that a) persuades people and b) doesn’t lose friends. When you’re talking politics with someone who disagrees with you, what you say (the facts and studies you cite) is only 20% of what matters. The other 80% is how you say it. If you have credibility and they know you have integrity, and if you can show them that your heart is in the right place, then persuading them suddenly becomes a whole lot easier.

Featured In: National Review, Playboy, The Federalist. FEE, the Mises Institute, and Fox 5 in DC.